Friday, December 11, 2009

Festival of Lights at The Mission Inn in Riverside, CA

Can you believe it...only 2 weeks left before Christmas, where does the time go? In the hours & days between Halloween & New Year's, time just seems to be so fleeting. I take it all in & enjoy & revel in every minute, like a child revels in summer wishing that school would never start.

There is something so magical about this time of year, it makes me feel all things are possible. I love coming home from the shop when it's just starting to get dark & as I turn the corner towards my house, I see the twinkling lights reflecting off the snow creating a path for me through the night.

As I open the door & see my family warm & cozy inside & the glow of the Christmas tree, I feel a sense of joy that only the holiday can bring. My daughter Courtney has been on a cruise with her boyfriend this past week & Grandpa & I have been watching Kai. Last night he was having a hard time falling asleep as Mommy usually sleeps with him. While laying together on his bed I realized he could see the Christmas tree from his room. I told him I was jealous & I wished sooooo that I could see the tree from my bed & how very lucky he was. After a bit he said he thought he could sleep in his bed by himself & while watching the tree sparkle & twinkle, he fell into a sweet sleep...how magical!

I believe in Santa, I believe he lives in the North Pole & that small people help him make all the toys & presents he gives out on Christmas Eve. I believe that reindeer fly & that one small sack can hold all the toys that Santa gives out to all the children around the world. I believe that there's one night during the whole year that nothing bad can happen, that magic, love & hope can actually win. I believe in miracles, the miracle of a baby born in a manger with a shining star showing the world The Way!

2 comments:

TheresainMS said...

Oh Susie, this post is so beautiful! I want to sleep in Kai's bed too :-) What a magical way to drift off to dreamland; watching the splendor of sparkling bits of rich color. I bet that's a memory he will keep his entire life; one he'll treasure.

I also believe in the miracle of Santa and his magical abilities. And I share your belief of a loving heavenly Father who sent His Son to atone for my sins so that I may spend eternity with them both. Your testimony shines in this post and I am so blessed to be here reading it.

Have a wonderful weekend and God Bless You!

Lucy - By the Hill said...

A lovely post, beautifully written. Have a beautiful weekend.