Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yippppeeeee...I'm in Belle Armoire Jewelry!!!


I hope you all had an AWESOME, Relaxing & Joy Filled
Memorial Day Weekend!
Here in the mountains of So Cal, one could never expect that Saturday & Sunday
of this holiday weekend would be entirely yucky, cold, rainy & foggy.
Now, I'm not complaining...well yeah, I kinda am,
but Thank the Heavens above, Monday made up for it...it was Gorgeous.
The children were gone, the house was ours & hubby & I spent
the entire day making 'SPOONIN' Jewelry in the sun, PERFECTION!


And to make life even Sweeter...
today is the day my first, four page spread in
Can anybody give me a HECK YEAH!  ;)


I am sooooooo OVER THE MOON, I just want to share everything with you!
Ever since I picked up that very 1st Artful Blogging magazine almost 2 years ago in Baltimore, I knew I wanted my art to one day grace the pages of a Stampington Publication. It started with a little, simple encouragement by my dear friend Diane Cook from rosa & josie's.


She & her gorgeous jewelry design, have been published many times. At some point while
we were working together, I told her my dream & asked her how she went about submitting
her work. Diane was completely generous & supportive & emailed me this link...the Stampington Submissions. It gives all the guidelines needed to submit your work & be
considered for publication & then she said "Go for it & don't be defeated if you
don't get in on your 1st attempt, I've been declined many times!"


What, Diane declined...well, that's all it took for me to BELIEVE I too could TRY!
I choose my beloved Heirloom Jewelry to send in & I really did focus on my Presentation.
I tried to incorporate some of my favorite vintage elements into the design, vintage photo album pages, antique lace, old frayed fabric ribbon & a crocheted flower pin. The last day for submission was January 15 & I couldn't get it together until the 18th...but I sent it off anyway with my fingers crossed. It took a couple months before I heard anything from them, but then I received an email
that started with, 'Congratulations'!  


And to make a long story even longer...lol
there were some more wonderful surprises in this edition.
Diane Cook also has a beautiful article called,
'With One Finding'
A Jewelry Collaboration Between Like Minds
& the ad I designed for 'ARTBLISS' is nestled comfortably
next to all the other ads, as if it's no big deal.
Now...what is the point of this post, just to toot my own horn?
There's a little tooting going on, but the bigger picture I'm trying to paint is,
JUST DO IT!
JUST GO FOR IT!
It wouldn't be Brave if it wasn't Scary, you can make your DREAMS happen.
I LOVE the last lines of 'Under the Tuscan Sun',
"Unthinkably good things can happen even this late in the game. It's such a surprise."
That it is Sweet Hearts, that it is.

XOXO
vintagesusie

22 comments:

Gracie's Cottage said...

BIG well-deserved congrats comin' your way!

Jan

peggy gatto said...

I love celebrating the success of fellow artists!
Your work is incredible and I am a follower!
Congratulations!
thanks for the encouragement to others!!!

Judy said...

Here is a big ole Heck Yeah for you! Congrats on your publication....just beautiful pieces and photographed so well.

Cameron said...

Susie!!!

How exciting! Look at you making yourself stand out of the crowd with those submissions! HECK YA!!!

....you do know that you have now elevated the game for the rest of us...haha!

I'm so happy for you! The spread is just gorgeous...like your spirit :D

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Congrats lovely lady....your pieces are wonderful. I am thrilled for you. How fabulous. The Olde Bagg, Linda (with the non washed ear)

Jen Judd said...

Neat!! I was reading this issue while on vacation but didn't put together that this pretty article is you!!! I feel like I know a celebrity!! haaaaaaaaaaaa
Take care!
Jen

Screaming Sardine said...

That is so wonderful, but certainly not a surprise. I drool over your eye candy here all the time, just don't comment all that much.

CONGRATS!!

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

Charlene said...

HECK YEAH! HECK YEAH! HECK YEAH! Great Job Girlfriend!!!! Congratulations on being published! Keep after me... that's something I would love to have happen! HUGS!
Charlene

Blessed Serendipity said...

Congrats Susie! I just love all of the Stampintons series. HECK YEAH!!!!!

Danielle

Roxi said...

Hi there Susie! So happy to hear and see about your good news! Glad to have found your blog. :)

Cindy said...

CONGRATS, Susie!! I was so thrilled for you when I saw the article...your presentation is just vintage-gorgeous. There's no wonder it was selected. I'm proud of you! And I'm proud of that fantastic ArtBLISS logo you created for us as well....I couldn't wait to flip to the advertisements to find it! :-)

KarenSue said...

You should be tooting that horn! That's what blogging is best at.
Congratulations!

Beth McDonald said...

I'm so excited for ya! Love your designs and esp the sweet lil vintage charms. Congratulations!!

Junk Fairy said...

Congrats Susie!!!! HECK YEAH!!!!! You should TOOT! your horn! Beautiful work my friend!!
XO
Eloise

Kathy jo said...

YOU GO GIRL !!!!
Congrats Susie, so well deserving you are always
there for everyone beautifying blogs & encouraging its wonderful to see your art published..
Congrats!!!

Kat

Rene Foust said...

Yahoo!!!! I love your stuff! Congratulations

Karen Valentine said...

Oh Suzie Q that's just wonderful!!! I will for sure go out and pick up a copy!!! I'm so happy for you! Isn't it amazing how many dreams come true once we enter Blogland???
xo,
Karen

Cindy said...

Congrats Susie! Your jewelry is beautiful and I too have always toyed with the idea of submitting something to Somerset. I have some friends that have gotten in and they say the same thing "go for it"!!! Must be so exciting to see your piece in print in that gorgeous magazine ((: Thanks for the inspirtation!
xo~Cindy

Alice said...

Congratulations!!!!! I just received my copy in the mail and loved your beautiful feature!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Lily's Lace said...

Excuse me, did you say FOUR page spread! You betcha' I can say heck yea! Way to go Sus, I am beyond impressed. However after spending time with you I can understand why they were so impressed with you. You ooze creativity with every pore of your body, I am so proud of you! xoxoxoxox-cin

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

CONGRATULATIONS Susie!!! OH MY GOSH I am just SO HAPPY & EXCITED for you sweet friend!!! What a wonderful article and your jewelry is absolutely STUNNING...I just LOVE your presentation so much too, it is beyond beautiful!!! I can't wait to pick up the magazine tomorrow!! I have been having the best time this evening reading your blog and catching up. I am also So Thrilled to read about your New & Fabulous Spoonin jewelry! Susie, the necklaces are breathtaking...I just had to go over to your etsy shop and WOW, they are all truly stunning!!! You are so very talented my friend!!!
I couldn't be happier for you and I just know that there are so many more wonderful experiences coming your way!!!
Big Hugs,
Carol Anne

Diane said...

I am so very happy for you my dear friend! Congratulations....you know, it was only a matter of time =)