Thursday, August 19, 2010

10 little things about me


Hi Friends...

Tomorrow is hubby's birthday & we're off to a vintage trailer rally for the
weekend & I can't wait to get back & show you all of our Vintage Vacation pics...
they'll be fabulous!!! Since I'm incommunicado, I thought I'd leave you with
TEN little things you may not know about me...soooo enjoy!

1. I hum when I'm nervous & when I'm out shopping. I don't really even
know I'm doing it. My best friend Lizzie brought it up once about 30 years ago.
She said it was cute, like I was comforting myself or something.


2. I'm obsessed with Reality TV. It started with 'Survivor', then
'American Idol', then 'So You Think You Can Dance', then 'Big Brother',
then...please don't make me tell you anymore.
My cheeks are red with shame!


3. I have a genetic defect! I can't stand for a baby...any baby to cry,
a stranger's baby to cry. It breaks my heart. I will do anything,
I mean anything to make a baby stop crying!

No amount of money is too much, I will hold or rock or walk a baby
until my back breaks in the effort to ease it's pain. {thus, my baby's
never cried themselves to sleep}


4. My major in college was Interior Design.


5. I can curse like a sailor on leave if provoked.
The F WORD is my FAVORITE!

6. I do 80% of my work on my huge Cal King bed. Weird huh?
I love to bring all my junk up on the bed, turn on a movie I adore
& spread out & play. {as we speak, guess where I am?}


7. One of my favorite movies is 'Friends With Money'.
I love this movie for many reasons, but the thing I relate to the most is
the 1 friend who hates to wash her hair cuz 'It makes her arms hurt.'
I hate to wash my hair!



8. I'm allergic to beets & penicillin.



9. I'm an organ donor & when I die I want to be cremated. I'd like my
ashes to be kept with family & friends, but I do want a little bit of them
to be covertly brought into Disneyland & sprinkled in some of their flower beds.
Is that a bad thing? {it's like fertilizer, right?}

10. I don't cook. I look at beautiful blogs where they have photographed
these amazing meals they've created & think, 'I should do that,
that's soooo cool...what an inspiring post'.
Then I remember...I don't cook.

So there's a little bit about me.
What's a little something about you that I don't know?
I would love for you to tell me!

XOXO
vintagesusie

16 comments:

Cameron said...

Hi Sooz!
Have a wonderful time with your Hubster...can't wait to see your finds!

Loved your 10 tidbits. Always nice to get to know someone a little better! On that note...a little factoid about me, let's see....

I've never liked the ocean. Too much heat/sun, sand gets everywhere, water too cold...and that fishy smell...can't seem to get used to that smell. I've always felt a bit guilty sharing that with people seeing that I've lived no further than 25 miles from it in Sunny So. California my whole life.... That being said, I'm utterly obsessed with Mermaids and Sea Glass. Go figure :)

Anne Lorys said...

What a great post!

We have several things in common here, in fact.

Oh, and I can't recall where I read it, but you left a comment on someone else's blog that had me fist pumping "Yes"! It was about that stupid word verification thing! I agree 110%!!!

Have a wonderful Friday!
Hugs,
Anne

nacherluver said...

That was fun! I can totally relate to the baby crying thing. When I'm in a store and I see a baby crying and the mom is just going about her business shopping, I literally have to walk away and choose a different aisle out of fear I will pluck the baby out of the stroller and start to soothe it!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful time with your hubby...and a happy birthday wish to him! I love your comment about working in bed with a favorite movie on...I am like that with the couch. My projects are usually strewn over the couch, floor and coffee table when my poor husband comes home! And a favorite movie/tv show (on DVD of course, so no commercials!) is a must.

Have a fantastic weekend friend!
Hope Ava

Unknown said...

what a lovely post! maybe you should start a "ten little things about me" party!! I'd love to join!

Unknown said...

Naps. If I could, I would take a nap every single day of my life!!

Have a wonderful weekend with your sweet husband, Susie!!!

xoxo
lynn

Unknown said...

I have the opposite disorder... when I hear a baby cry, as long as it's not MINE, I don't care :) When people apologize, like on a flight or something, for their baby crying, I am seriously shocked because I don't even notice!

Deb's mind said...

I just found your blog....because of the comment you made about the stupid "code" thing you have to type into most blogs. I agree I think it is ridiculous. I just started a blog and DO NOT have that code....so you can check mine out. :) I like your ten little things about yourself....very timely. And we have a lot in common...except I am just starting back to school to get a BFA in interior design. In fact as I read back through your list....hmmm....I think you might be my twin in a parallel universe.

Sheila said...

Hi Susie,
I love you sharing all of your secrets with us (hehehe) I love that you do your work on your bed, very good idea. I would like to come and see your store very soon, I heard there is a huge sale coming up by you??/ have fun this weekend :) and be good.

Smiles,
Sheila

Ruth said...

Susie... Thanks for sharing! I admire your being able to do that.
You've planted that "sharing about myself seed".

Ruth ;)

Dianne said...

Hmmm... Something about me you don't know... I was afraid of the dark until I was in my 20s... I conquered that fear by descending into a cave with friends and turning our headlamps off... complete and utter darkness... and nothing "got" me!

julie miller said...

Hi Susie, What a fun post!! I have similar tendencies with the following things: #2-I LOVE Project Runway, Sheer Genius and America's Next Top Model-YIKES!! #5-I need my mouth washed out with soap!! #7-I WISH I had a king-sized bed and I love "Friends with Money" too!! #8-Penicillin gives me horrible diahrrea!! Finaly #10-I only cook when I have to and it would be the first thing I would pay somebody to do for me if I was rich!!! Thanks for sharing! Julie

Sanna - My Blueberry House said...

Hi Susie,

Nice to learn some things about you. I don´t think you´re crazy at all. It´s always a little bit scary to expose one self - and being honest about your flaws.

For me, it takes time to trust people and feel comfortable. I always tend to stand back when in a group of people, observing.. I LOVE american tv-series! Like, Brothers & Sisters, Grey´s Anatomy, Sopranos, Desperate Housewifes, Big Love... and the list could go on.. oh, and I just love Oprah! My family think that´s funny - I don´t! I read her magazine every month. ;)

I recently revealed some stuff about me on my blog when I received a reward. Talk about scary! ;)

Have a nice weekend,
Sanna

PS. Congrats on your 300th follower!

Lisa said...

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your blog, and to thank you for becoming a follower. Have a wondwerful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susie
Thanks for stopping by my blog (vintage treasure hntr). Just love your posts and am looking forward to following along with yours also!

Diane said...

Oh, these were fun to read. I will have to do this too sometime!
I too do not cook, except alot during the holidays....cornbread dressings, potatoe salad, my famous banana pudding....
And, I LOVE American Idol~which my husband still shakes his head at~LOL.
diane
xoxox