Sunday, February 21, 2010

Satchmo 'The King of Jazz'

'A Kiss To Build A Dream On'

Give me a kiss to build a dream on,
And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss.
Sweetheart, I ask no more than this:
A kiss to build a dream on.

Give me a kiss before you leave me,
And my imagination will feed my hungry heart.
Leave me one thing before we part,
A kiss to build a dream on.

{1949 cover of Time Magazine}

When I'm alone with my fancies, I'll be with you,
Weaving romances, making believe they're true.
Give me your lips for just a moment,
And my imagination will make that moment live.
Give me what you alone can give,
A kiss to build a dream on.

Songwriters: Ruby, Harry;Kalmar, Bert;Hammerstein, Oscar

I was just born in the wrong era...that's all there is to it. When I listen to Louis Armstrong, I can't help but smile. I LOVE this quote..."What he does is real, and true, and honest, and simple, and even noble. Every time this man puts his trumpet to his lips, even if only to practice three notes, he does it with his whole soul."

Leonard Bernstein on Louis Armstrong (1956)

Enjoy some GOOD MUSIC friends!

XOXO

3 comments:

Lucy - By the Hill said...

I never have my speaker volume on, but immediately began humming this tune! You're amazing Susie! Great post, and I just turned the volume UP!

Dianne said...

You rock! I love Louis Armstrong! And you are so right... I smile even from just a memory of him on TV. My father is a huge fan... I heard him alot when I was growing up.

peggy gatto said...

My hero!
I loved the movie " High Society"!!!