Sunday, August 8, 2010

happy sunday & getting ready for a celebration!


Happy Sunday Sweet Hearts!!!
Just a brief post before I run off to the Orange Show Swap Meet at the bottom of our mountain in San Bernardino, in search of sweet treasure & time worn trash... my favorites!

As you can see...I've been having soooooo much fun playing with my new camera!

This is the beautiful wall candle holder in our bedroom next to my side of the bed, where I hang my newly created jewelry & my Grandmother's rosary.

My side table with some of my favorite little things on it. An awesome stained glass lamp given to me as a gift from my bestest friend, a photo I took recently of the front of my shop, a magazine holder with an assortment of adored Stampington Publications,

some vintage silver & the small glass holder that I keep my most beloved jewels in at the end of each the day

A newly found treasure, a rusty tin ceiling tile that is on hubby's side of the bed. {I feel a kinda sorry for him cuz he's not use to it & every night as he's getting ready for bed, he hits it with his arm & let's out a tiny curse...but thus are the sacrifice's made in the name of 'junk'!

So, can you guess what next amazing, unbelievable, monumental, can't believe it, I'm so darn excited, celebration I'll be having soon?

Yes...my 300th friend, follower, sweet hearts, gala, extravaganza, celebration!!
This will be my biggest & bestest Give-Away ever!!!
Yes, I know that it is only my 2nd giveaway, but it will be bigger & better then the 1st! lol
& I know it will involve handmade & hand wired jewels. ;)

Five more friends & we're there...another yippppeee from me!
I can't wait & my mind is feverishly conjuring up what all we might do for this very special event so keep checking back as it should be happening pretty soon!

And so I must end with another thank you sweet friends.
Thank you for following me through all of life's amazing & sometimes dull adventures.
Thank you for being my greatest cheerleaders & constant supporters as I'm finding my way.
Thank you for all of your comments & words of wisdom as I've journeyed down this incredible path.
Thank you for teaching me that hearts can shine so brightly, even from far off places.
Thank you for helping me find this amazing community of teachers, artists, jewelers, writers, photographers, junkers, frenchies, shop keepers, swappers, travelers & kindred spirits.
You have become family to me & simply put,
I can't imagine my life without you friends.
You all must know, how very much I HEART you!!!

XOXO

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 300!! Good for you, you so deserve it. I am falling in love with old rusty & chippy things as of lately. I find comfort in knowing they were displayed or loved by many for years before me. I love your lamp too!! My hubs has an uncle who in his day, installed stained glass windows and such into churches. beautiful work. Hugs. Tazzy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such a sweet post, Susie!! Beautiful photos~ I love your fab tole candleholder and how fun to hang your jewelry from it! Congratulations on your success!! XO

Dianne said...

Wow! 300! Congrats! Love the new ceiling tile and the vignette of your favorite things...

Teal said...

beautiful pics, well taken! congrats....

Dar said...

Lovely entry. I'm partial to your Grandmothers Rosary...it's delightful. And the tin ceiling block that keeps hubby going grrrrr, is awesome. BlessYourWeek

Andrea said...

Susie, Congratulations on 300!!!

Kateyed said...

Susie.
Those are beautiful pictures with your new camera. They really show the lights and shadows so amazingly well!

Three hundred, Susie, is a lot of friends. pretty special world, isn't it?

Hugs,
Suz

Unknown said...

I'm 296..only four to go now! Gorgeous photos - glad you are loving your new camera!
Alicia xx

Alice said...

Congratulations on 300 followers! Awesome!

I had to giggle when I read about your hubby having to deal with the rusty tin ceiling tile.

Thanks for all the lovely photos.

Anonymous said...

Hi !
I love Brighton too !
I just listed a purse I only used a couple of times... It's like new !
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/MissBB/items/Brighton_Roses_Matisse_Tote

CIELO said...

And THANK YOU participating in our "Show Off Your Cottage Monday" and letting us into your lovely home...

Blessings

Cielo

Unknown said...

Susie my dear!!! 300. Congratulations!!!! Love the pictures with the new camera, and I can't wait to see what the Orange Show bestows upon you!!!
xoxo
lynn

Fleur de Boheme said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! I haven´t had the time to update my blog regularly lately, but soon the summer season is over and then I´ll write every week again.

Your blog is really great, too.

Thanks again for following, take care,

Kirsten

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blog Susie! So glad that you introduced yourself to me, I shall certainly be popping in allot! Congrats on 300 followers! Wow.
Blessings
Shirley

Unknown said...

Congrats to you... I just love your pictures and I also got a new camera about 6 mo ago. I love playing with it.. I have never taken so many pictures...
I will be back.. This is such a lovely blog!

Hugs, Linda

Lucy - By the Hill said...

Hey Susie!.......I see you've reached the 300 and my biggest congratulations!
Your jewellery is awesome! I love it! How do you find the time and also keep your blog so beautiful and fresh?
Love your pics with the new camera...
Take care!