Sunday, July 24, 2011

Some Days Your Spoonin & Some Days Your Forkin...


Today, I've been forkin...
Today, I've been reminding myself of who I am
& where I'm headed.
Today, I've been thinking about the forks in the road
& the paths one chooses to take & why.
Today I made a fork necklace for myself,
so if I ever get lost I can read it & remember.
Mark Twain's words wrap around me like a summer breeze...
'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.


Catch the Trade Winds in Your Sails
Explore
Create
Dream
Discover.'


I added the Create.


And just in case my compass ever gets totally broken,
today I did a little spoonin too.
1956
Long Beach
with a 1917 Vintage Souvenir Spoon handle from
Long Beach, CA.
My simple reminder of where I began.
I hope you had a Beautiful Sunday
Sweet Friends!

XOXO
vintagesusie



9 comments:

Alice said...

Love the idea of spoonin' and forkin'!

Have a wonderful week my dear friend, and may your compass never be broken.

JenW!~ said...

Oh Those are lovely, the forks are great but I absolutely love the spoon.

deb did it said...

wonderful powerful messages...beautiful reminders and lovely art to adorn your sweet self!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Susie,
You are just so creative...I love the one in the first photo!

Have a marvelous Monday ~Natalie

Unknown said...

sigh.
beautiful. love the forks.
love you!
lynn

Suz said...

Susie,Susie, Susie,
Your work gets more and more beautiful and creative all the time. I, too, love that Mark Twain quote, though sometimes it makes me a little sad. With fibromyalgia, I haven't been able to do all the things I thought I was going to do but I have learned to slow down, relax and love myself.
Keep on creating. You are making beautiful, meaningful jewelry!
Hugs,
Suz

EVERYTHING ANASTACIA said...

Everything is just beautiful! What a creative soul you are.
Congratulations on your jewelry line! They're awesome!
Best,
Reina
http://everythinganastacia.blogspot.com

Lily's Lace said...

you have such a creative mind! I love it!-cc

Kathy said...

What beautiful designs! They really are magical.

Have a great creative day!

Kathy