Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Greatest Gift is to Love & be Loved

With Valentine's Day only a few days away, LOVE is most definitely in the air! In celebration, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite Vintage Cupid Postcards along with some of the most romantic Love Quotes ever written. So here we go my friends, are you ready?
Let the LOVE flow.....

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
Aristotle

"Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me."
Sarah Bernhardt

"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach..."
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
Roy Croft

"Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."
Oliver Wendell Holmes

"It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
Jaka

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Helen Keller

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."
Robert Sexton

I have more 'LOVE' to come over the next couple of days, but I want to leave you with one of the quotes I found that seemed the most romantic to me right here & right now...

" Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you' re just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have YOU... The one who turns to his friends and says, thats her... "
Unknown

My friends, I Wish You Love!!!

3 comments:

In the Light of the Moon said...

All the quotes are so lovely but That Robert Sexton is quote is kick ass!!Warmest Regards,Cat

Unknown said...

PERFECT!!! I adore the cupid and a couple of those quotes I will have to use on a card or two.....
Hey! I think I'll come up on Saturday around 1:00-will you be there? I will have Cat Robertson's bottle. Can't wait to see the paper!
Lynn

Lucy - By the Hill said...

Beautiful quotes Susie...what a lovely post!