Thursday, November 3, 2011

KC Willis & My 'Fallen Angel'


Evenin' Sweeties...
It's time for the Big Reveal for my Mixed Media Collage I made
at KC Willis's Workshop in Huntington Beach....
'Fallen Angel'.


Gathering up my embellishments from home before the class,
I already had in mind the idea of a 'Fallen Angel'.
I have been saving a pair of brass wings I got at Sandy Schor's booth
in Round Top, Texas for something special & for me this class was
Something Special!


I brought some of my favorite Texas dollies, a vintage locket,
some beautiful little vintage buttons Lori Anderson had given me,
an old rusty skeleton key my hubby dug up in my sister's yard while
doing some construction & a cool old, metal GIN bottle tag.
I didn't have my own image, I wanted to pick from one of KC's & when I
saw 'HER', I knew she was the ONE!


One of the things KC said, was to let your image SPEAK to you.
Her words will come, she will unfold herself if you just listen.
And then she spoke...
"a baby's got to eat, I do what I got to."
You can imagine the rest of the story...
The coolest thing was that my locket had an initial on it.
A 'M' for Mother, I put a picture of a vintage baby inside of it.
She hangs proudly on one of my favorite Texas ceiling tins in my living room,
with an ANGEL watching over her & her baby.

XOXO
vintagesusie

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Susie, Your piece came out awesome, I love the idea of the wings and the locket with the baby! I don't think I had a good look at it before you left as I don't remember seeing the wings. We had so much to focus on as it was and then get home in time for Halloween, lol. The ceiling tile really sets it off, what a great idea. I'm not sure where I will put mine but will post it sometime tomorrow, I got side tracked working on my book and home chores, ect. I did go get fabric today to start on holiday gifts related to this class. Hugs my friend, I love it she is a great "Fallen Angel"! Marilou xoxo

Sue said...

I'm in awe - this is so beautiful Susie. You did an amazing job with the picture!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Sue

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So happy you had fun...your creation is just beautiful!! Thank you for sharing with us and have a great weekend! Going back for another peek!!

Alice said...

What a beautiful piece of art! And I love that it tells a story.

trash talk said...

Understanding the hidden message within your outstanding piece of art makes this beautiful and bittersweet at the same time. I love it.
Deb

Dianne said...

She's lovely and tragic and sacred and hopeful... She's truly beautiful. Amazing work!

Cameron said...

This is really lovely, Susie...all those rich layers and special bits that add to the emotion and sentimentality...
So you :)

Lily's Lace said...

I love it!!!!!!! You did a wonderful job! Now I am even more excited about taking my class! I wish you were here to take it too. I may do a vintage wedding photo, are you shocked?! I'm glad to see you're hanging in there and still being crazy and creative susie that we all love! Glad you liked the west texas video, I thought of my texas girlfriend at heart the minute I saw it. Hugs to you,xoxo-cin

Sue said...

Susie, the layers of pretties in this piece are amazing! And to mount this on the old tin- just the icing on the cake~ I wish I was creative like this, but I guess the good Lord gave us all different talents. So I will continue to look upon your creations with awe. :-) Wish I could find some kind of class around here- maybe with a little help, I could do something with some found treasures! hugs, Sue

Sandy Navarro said...

Susie, you did a FabUlous job! I took KC's on-line Collage Camp and loved it.